Saturday 8 October 2011

Stage 2 - exercise 2 - 4

Stage 2 - Exercise 2

Looking at texture, shape and colour.


I chose this image as I like the shapes, I thought that it was the strongest part of the image. Also the shapes curving round against the stone wall is interesting. As I was concentrating on the shapes I simplified the colours.



Exercise 3

Here are the 15 minute studies, I used pastel, painting with cardboard using acyclic paints. I did a collage, I chose the cardboard background as I felt it looked like the stone wall and used ribbon and crepe paper to weave the curved shapes. The collage doesn't look much like it, but it is a fun way and the main shapes are there.




Exercise 4

My first main study I was concentrating on the texture of the dried flower and the shapes of the wicker background. The other two I concentrated on the line and shape.





No comments:

Post a Comment