Thursday 10 November 2011

Stage 4


Stage 4 Developing design ideas

I started off by photocopying the 4 different photographs that I felt I could develop and changing the scale and size. I then played with each image trying different colours, looking and the different textures and shapes. I looked at the shapes in between images, which was interesting and could develop into good designs.  I feel that some designs are more successful than others.


















Review of work done so far in project 4.

Did you manage to ‘make space move’?

Yes I feel that I did move space. Some were more successful than others such as the fern on stone design, had more movement than the weave basket and dried flower.

What are your thoughts about the drawings you did in stage 3?

I enjoyed doing the drawing at stage 3. I found myself thinking about how they would make a design. While doing the dried flower and weave drawing I kept thinking about the Japanese print, I think it is the colour.

Were you able to use the drawings successfully as a basis for further work? Are there any other things you would like to try?

I was able to use the drawings for other work; some were more successful than others. I could have spent hours just playing with ideas, there were lots of ideas I had in my head while doing these designs, just did not have the time to do them all. I am looking forward to taking it forward to printing stage.

Now that you have a good working method, do you feel confident that you can carry on working in this way independently?

I do feel confident that I can carry on working in this way. I feel very comfortable doing it. While at college years ago I was trained to work like this, although I am a little rusty it is all coming back slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment