Thursday 10 November 2011


Experimenting with printing and painting.

Stage 1 Preparation

I started by making my printing pad and table. I was lucky that my husband managed to pick me up a games table cheap at an auction and I found that it was perfect for my printing table. It is easy to store away as the legs fold under.


Stage 2 Experimenting with techniques

I then experimented with making some block, relief printing pad, and stencils. While putting these together I kept my ideas for my printing in my mind.


Using the blocks and stencils I experimented with the fabric paint on paper. I also use my printing roller to put colour on the paper and add texture. Here are a few of my first experiments




My first designs were very experimental and  I was just trying to get a feel for the techniques. I then spent an evening developing my ideas and techniques using acrylic paints. I did this so I would not run out of fabric paint. As you can see they were much more successful and I feel that they gave the feeling of movement and depth to the prints. Here are a few:

No comments:

Post a Comment