Thursday 10 November 2011

Experimenting with printing and painting


Experimenting with printing and painting.

Stage 1 Preparation

I started by making my printing pad and table. I was lucky that my husband managed to pick me up a games table cheap at an auction and found that it was perfect for my printing table. It is easy to store away as the legs fold under.


Stage 2 Experimenting with techniques

I then experimented with making some block, relief printing pad, and stencils. While putting these together I kept my ideas for my printing in my mind.


Using the blocks and stencils I experimented with the fabric paint on paper. I also use my printing roller to put colour on the paper and add texture. Here are a few of my first experiments









My first designs were very experimental and were just trying to get a feel for the techniques. I then spent an evening developing my ideas and techniques using acrylic paints, so not to run out of fabric paint. As you can see they were much more successful and work well in moving the paper and I feel I was starting to develop depth to the prints.


No comments:

Post a Comment