Friday 20 January 2012

Stage 4 Raised and structured surface textures

I found this really interesting, manipulating fabric, here are my examples:


                          


Gathering

Folding

Pleating

Tucking

Tearing, fraying and slashing

Quilting

Raised Shapes

moulding

These examples would be another good way of experimenting with an image, when coming up with ideas.


Final Sample

For my final sample I used a drawing of a pumpkin that I did at Halloween last year. I thought that the lines in the drawing lends itself well to folding and gathering fabric.


I felt the image was fine as it was, but felt that if I repeated the image in different sizes then it would make it more interesting.


Here is the final sample using folding and pleats and a little gathering. I am pleased with the outcome. It would be interesting to do a drawing from the sample and see what images would come out of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment