Thursday 17 May 2012

Part 4 - Textile Structures

Analysing Colour, texture and proportion


Firstly I analysed the colour and texture of 2 images and then did winding from what yarns I had. I found this relaxing and a good way to make a start on developing an idea and really looking at the colours.





Project 8 Yarn


Stage 2 Experimenting with structure


Exercise 1


I did this exercise a while back, but looking back now this is another good way to experiment with an image especially if you get stuck in the development stage of your work.








Exercise 2


Making ropes, I didn't have many different materials to use so I did my best with what I had.



Exercise 3 & 4

I really enjoyed doing this exercise, paying with space and different materials.






No comments:

Post a Comment